Friday, June 2, 2023

Dollar General | Milmay, NJ

 

1168 Tuckahoe Road

Welcome to the Milmay Dollar General!

In this post, we'll be taking a short tour of this rural (as many are) Dollar General store in Milmay, New Jersey. It opened in late 2021 on the site of an old tavern which dated back to 1932. This is the only chain store in Milmay, and one of the few stores period. Let's step inside and take a look!



Fresh fruit and vegetables as well as snack foods are in the front right corner of the store. I don't think I've ever seen RC Cola so prominently displayed before.


A look down one of the pantry aisles.


I find it funny how this display says "fresh baked bread" and has so many logos on it, yet it's being used to sell cookies, cakes, and donuts from a company that's not listed.


Dairy and frozen foods are in the refrigerators which line nearly the entirety of the far right wall.



Dollar Deals is located in one of the aisles towards the right of the store, as it most commonly is.


The home section runs down the middle of the sales floor. This department could definitely use a little reorganization and cleaning up.


I think this is the closest I've ever gotten to an aisle marker!



HABA is in the last aisle along the left wall. I love DG Wellbeing's slogan of "Why Pay Drug Store Prices?". It's reminiscent of the 60's slogan "Why Pay More? Shop at a ShopRite Store!" and just sounds vintage in general.


Maybe I've just never noticed, but I can't recall ever seeing a Dollar General with a "Thank You for Shopping with Us" sign. Usually that kind of signage is reserved for supermarkets and discount department stores.


The road signage isn't particularly interesting, but I figured I'd include a picture of it since I did the last time we visited a Dollar General. This store has some nice landscaping around the entrances.

Other Images of Interest

Street View Images

2023


Thankfully, we don't have to deal with weather like this anymore! I was here the Friday afternoon leading into Memorial Day Weekend, and the store was hopping! For a Dollar General, anyway...

2021


The store was still under construction as of November 2021. Knowing Dollar General, it was probably open for business a few weeks later...

2013


Kupetz Bar was still open for business (and facing the other direction) as of 2013. I drove past this place a few times while it was still open and always wondered what it was like, but unfortunately never went in.

Thanks for shopping with The Retail Connection once and again! Let me know if you like these dollar/drug store posts, or if you prefer the supermarket tours. Until next time... The Retail Connection: save time, save money, every day!





2 comments:

  1. I like the new blog theme! And the variety of both supermarket and dollar store tours is neat, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I decided to use a lighter color of the same theme for the spring/summer, but I might end up keeping it. And I'm glad you like the variety! I try to not just focus on one thing.

      Delete

Jewel-Osco | Bolingbrook, IL

  1200 W. Boughton Road Welcome to the Bolingbrook Jewel-Osco! In December, to much fanfare, McDonald's opened its very first CosMc'...